Grimsthorpe Castle, Bourne
About Grimsthorpe Castle
Grimsthorpe has been the home of the de Eresby family since 1516, when it was granted by Henry VIII to the 11th Baron Willoughby de Eresby on the occasion of his marriage to Maria de Salinas, lady-in-waiting to Queen Katherine of Aragon. The North Front is the last work of Sir John Vanbrugh and was commissioned in 1715 by his friend Robert Bertie, the 17th Baron, to celebrate his ennoblement as the first Duke of Ancaster and Kesteven. The castle is situated within an extensive park characterised by its formal ridings of oaks and chestnut avenues.
Visitors will need to purchase a standard park & garden ticket. There is no extra admission charge
to view the Art & Memory Collection.